South side—Hilmer Olson also built many of the buildings in this block. The inscription “1902 Olson Block” can still be seen on the façade at 904-908. The former Anderson Dry Goods at 922-924 is also an Olson building. Also on this block were insurance agencies, barbers, beauty salons, bars, tile & linoleum dealers, dry cleaners, tailors, liquor stores, jewelry stores and paint dealers. Hovander’s was at 910-912 and Smetana Drug, the hub of the town’s Bohemian settlement, was at 916.
North side—A strong retail block from the 1950s-1970s, the First National Bank was at 923, Larson’s men’s clothing at 921 and Nelson’s Shoes at 917. Hance Hardware, followed by Paulson’s Hardware, was at 913-915, and one of the nicest women’s clothing stores ever in Hopkins, Nygren’s, was at 911.