Minneapolis Threshing Machine Co. built their farm equipment factory on this ideal site near three railroads in 1887. They soon became the largest employer in Hennepin County and built a large stock of employee housing in surrounding Hopkins. A merger in 1929 changed the name to Minneapolis Moline Power Implement Co.
An ownership change in 1963 eventually led to the end of the business and demolition of the building in 1986. The company had several other, small buildings in Hopkins, including the 1951 Napco/Venturian building at Excelsior Blvd. and 17th Ave S.