15. “Last Chance” Saloon

15 Last Chance Saloon

Historic Walking TourThe southwest corner of 11th Avenue and Mainstreet: built as a saloon and is still a saloon. In 1915 it was known as the "Last Chance"-the last bar on the western edge of the business section of town. It was also called Gluek's Corner since the brewery owned the building and would not permit other brands of beer to be served. From about 1950 to 2001, this was Archie's Bar.