This was the site of two Hopkins schools, built in 1888 and 1902. After the former South Jr High was built and students were transferred to the new school, these buildings were demolished in 1926. The area was then designated a city park with playground equipment and a bandstand where the Hopkins town band performed. In winter, the city flooded a skating rink and provided an attendant and warming house heated with a pot-belly stove. Now the site of U.S. Bank.