7. Streetcar Corner

From the early 1900s to the 1950s, 901 was the unofficial waiting station for streetcar patrons—as Nelson’s Candy Store, H.M. Peterson Confectionery and Jorgensen’s Confectionery. (The streetcar would turn around on 9th Avenue N as it headed back out of town to either Excelsior or Minneapolis.) After 1954, this corner was home to three drug stores, the Hopkins News, Meyer’s & Lancer’s Clothing, and since 1988, antique shops.