19. “Lost” Hopkins High School

Built in 1908, Hopkins High School held Jr. and Sr. High classes until Eisenhower High School was built in 1956.  After that the building was called “The Annex” and continued to hold classes until the late 1960s. In 1974, the Central Park Apartments were built on the site. Remnants of two brick pillars from the high school grounds still remain.