18. St. Joseph’s Church & School

1954 – With clean straight lines, minimal statuary and modern-style stained glass windows, this church brought Hopkins into the 20th century architecturally.

St. Joseph’s, first built in 1922 as both a church and school, was a merger of two ethnic Catholic churches. It served as a Catholic school from 1923-2004. Now operating as a Charter School, this is the oldest building in town still serving as a school.