10. Downtown Park

In 1911-12, the Women’s Improvement League was responsible for the first park and bandstand on Mainstreet at 11th. In 1979, women again provided the leadership to establish this beautiful downtown park on land formerly occupied by the Methodist Church and the Post Office. In summer, the area just north of the park hosts the farmer’s market, carrying on the fine agricultural traditions of this once rural community.